Here are my favorite 7 Quotes from Steve Jobs and few of his videos. If this does not inspire the design mojo in you then I don’t know what will.
1. Computers are like a bicycle for our minds.
2. Good artists copy great artists steal
3. Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.
4. Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugared water or do you want a chance to change the world? - To get John Sculley as Apple’s CEO
5. Make it like a sunflower.
Steve Jobs, CEO, Apple, to Johnathan Ive, Vice President of Design, Apple, on prev version of iMac
6. Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… the ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules… You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things… they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do. — narrated by Steve Jobs
7. Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.
8. Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.
9. When you’re a carpenter making a beautiful chest of drawers, you’re not going to use a piece of plywood on the back, even though it faces the wall and nobody will ever see it. You’ll know it’s there, so you’re going to use a beautiful piece of wood on the back. For you to sleep well at night, the aesthetic, the quality, has to be carried all the way through.”
10. “Click. Boom. Amazing!” – Macworld keynote 2006
11. “I would trade all of my technology for an afternoon with Socrates.”
12. “I want to put a ding in the universe.”
13. I make 50 cents for showing up … and the other 50 cents is based on my performance.
On his famous $1 annual salary, at the annual Apple shareholder meeting in 2007, as quoted in “Jobs: ‘I make fifty cents just for showing up’” in AppleInsider (10 May 2007)
14. “I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.”
15. People with passion can change the world for better !